Peak Design Mobile Review
November 14th, 2023
It’s no secret that I enjoy certain Peak Design products. All of my cameras have those red anchors hanging off them, as I enjoy Peak Design’s straps and carry solutions. I often use their Travel Tripod, and my overnight bag is a Peak Design Travel Backpack. The reason why I like Peak Design products is A) they are designed as a system, to work together, rather than as just standalone products and B) they come with a lifetime warranty. In a culture where so many products are only designed to last a few years, it is refreshing that PD’s products are built to last for the long haul. That was a big part of why I was interested in their approach to mobile, as it seems I burn through mobile cases every six months and they are literally ready for the trash. I’ve spent several months with Peak Design’s mobile ecosystem, and – no surprise – I’ve been impressed with a lot of the fine details. You can get my full thoughts in the video review below.
This is not intended to be a full text review (I recommend you watch the video review), but here are some of my notes from that review if you are more text oriented:
- System leverages both a magnetic and mechanical lock called “SlimLink”
- Mag-Safe compatible – works with my existing wireless charger and mounts.
- Have used bike mount, car mount, mini-tripod, wallet accessory
- Colors depend on phone (most choices for newest phones like iPhone 15).
- Charcoal “Peak Design” color and finish that matches existing bags, backpacks, etc…
- Nylon canvas finish (durable)
- Stays slim.
- Very strong bumper
- Buttons remain responsive
- $39.99 USD
- Guaranteed for life
- Removable (move it from phone to phone – guaranteed for life)
- Slim vs Stand ($49.95 vs $59.95)
- Makes a kickstand
- Still magnetically attaches
- Won’t demagnetize cards
- Both mechanical and magnetic – does not come off.
- Have cracked iPods and phones before with other mounts
- Comes with spacers to assure fit
- Comes with thumbscrew if you want to reverse it to film your ride
- Can mount in vertical or horizontal position
- Both charging and non charging options
- $44.95 vs $79.95 USD
- Low profile
- Works with other magsafe phones and cases
- Machined ballhead
- Use as a kickstand
- Set at a variety of angles for filming, meetings, or FaceTime
- Machined aluminum
- Allows your phone to go on tripods, GoPro mounts, Peak Design Capture Clips, etc…
- Arca compatible
- Same locking mechanism as bike mount.
- $49.95 USD
Purchase the Peak Design Mobile products here at a 10% discount.
Keywords: Peak Design, Mobile, Peak Design, iPhone 15, Google Pixel, Pixel 8,iPhone 14, iPhone, 14, wallet, car mount, bike mount, creator kit, mobile tripod, Dustin Abbott, Hands On, Video Test, Sharpness, Autofocus, CA, Video AF, Autofocus, Eye AF, Lens, Comparison, Test, Dustinabbott.net, Sample Images, Sample Video, Let the Light In, Burst, Action, #letthelightin
DISCLAIMER: This article and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.