Doogee R10 Rugged Tablet Review
September 25th, 2023
A few months ago I reviewed a different kind of tablet from Doogee – the T30 Pro. I came away generally impressed from my time with the T30 Pro, finding it an amazing value relative to the performance of the tablet. But when I unboxed the newest tablet from Doogee – the R10 – I immediately thought that this was a perfect product for Doogee. Their reputation has been built on designing and producing rugged phones that can be dropped, immersed, and generally abused while still continuing to function, and Doogee has brought that same philosophy to the tablet space with the Doogee R10 rugged tablet.
It’s a high powered Android 13 tablet that also manages to have military grade ratings for toughness, being immersed, or being used in extreme environments…all for under $300 (even less if you use this link and coupon code bNK6SM2YA for 7% off). For my full findings, check out the video review here:
Here’s a breakdown of my notes after using it for an extended period:
Build and Handling
- IP69K (Ingress Protection) – 6 dust – highest ratio | 9K water resistance – can be immersed for long periods at higher pressures and temperatures
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 – survives up to 1.2-meter, waist-high drops onto hard, rough surfaces.
- Tradeoff – thicker and heavier than most tablets. 5mm (6mm wider than T30) and weighs 826g (about 280g heavier)
- Good tablet to let kids play on?
- 4” 2K display (2000×1200)
- 84% screen to body ratio
- 340 nit brightness (231PPI) – slightly lower specs than T30 Pro
- 16.7m colors
- Same issue with viewing angle – screen looks great viewed straight on, but dims when viewed at angles – like when laid flat.
- Adaptive backlighting doesn’t work great.
- TUV SUD Blue light certification
- Widevine L1 Support – screen looks very good for watching movies
- Quad Hi-Res speakers – good, but not iPad Pro good
- Can be touched when wet or wearing gloves…but water droplets can cause inadvertent touches, so you need to clean it.
- WiFi 6 (finally close to iPad performance)
- 5 Different GPS Systems – important for use out of doors.
- Dual 4G LTE – run two SIMs
- Headphone jack
- Helio G99 OctaCore Processor (2x 2.2Ghz Cortex A76 and 6x 2Ghz A55)
- 6nm Processor
- 8 + 7GB RAM
- 128GB Storage + Expandable to 2TB via microSD
- 10800mAh Battery – amazing battery life. – 3000mAh more than my iPad
- 18W fast charging + OTG reverse charging
- Cameras 20MP Sony + Samsung 16MP – cameras only okay but the front facing camera in the proper position.
Purchase the Doogee T30 Pro @ Doogee Mall (get $30 off) | Amazon (use code bNK6SM2YA for 7% off) | Amazon Canada | Amazon UK
Want to support this channel? Use these affiliate links to shop at: B&H Photo | Amazon | Adorama | Camera Canada | Amazon Canada | Amazon UK | Ebay | Make a donation via Paypal
Buy DA Merchandise https://bit.ly/TWIMerch
Keywords: Doogee, Doogee R10, Doogee R10 Review, Doogee Review, Review, Rugged, R10, R10 Pro Review, Tablet, Dustin Abbott, Hands On, Productive, Media, Battery Live, Android, Android 13, Waterproof, Dropproof, Let the Light In, #letthelightin, #dustinabbott, #DA, #reviews, #Photography, Coupon, Discount
DISCLAIMER: This article and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.